Taking Geological Expression workflows to the next level - the ffA continuum of innovative excellence -
ffA has today announced the release of GeoTeric 2014.1, another major step in the evolution of its GeoTeric® suite.
With the 2014.1 release, GeoTeric workflows are even more holistic and better integrated allowing interpreters to complete more of their work inside GeoTeric. In all, since the previous release in October 2013, more than 60% of the application has evolved. With GeoTeric 2014.1 interpreters will be able to extract a more complete geological understanding from 3D seismic data more quickly saving time and money.
With the focus remaining firmly on the Geological Expression or “data-driven, interpreter guided” approach, ffA has continued its pioneering work to deliver tools and workflows which are intuitive, give full control and maximise interpretation productivity.
Dr Gaynor Paton, Director of Geosciences said, “This announcement marks the fourth release of GeoTeric since its launch in February 2012. GeoTeric 2014.1 incorporates many significant advances. For example, in an industry first, Fault Expression now enables fault delineation directly from a CMY blend of multiple edge attributes to give a more complete picture of the imaged 3D fault network. Changes have also been made to Fault Expression to aid the understanding of the parameters used at each stage of the workflow.”
She continued, “But perhaps the most significant advances are through integrating joint well log and seismic attribute classification capabilities into the Interactive Facies Classification (IFC+) technology.”
The 2014.1 release also includes significant extensions to ffA’s HDFD (High Definition Frequency Decomposition) technology and stronger integration through improved Multi-Well and SEGY loading and Cultural Data support.
Dr Paton concluded, “With the 2014.1 release GeoTeric has taken another major step forward and is a direct result of the close working relationship we have with our customers. Our aim with GeoTeric is to enable our users to maximise the use of seismic data in their decision making. The increased capabilities and integration of additional data items provided by GeoTeric 2014.1 will give major benefits in this regard.”
Contact: Audrey Russell | Marketing Manager | +44(0)1224 825084 | ARussell@ffa-geosciences.com |
Note to Editors:
- ffA provides world-leading GeoTeric Geological Expression software, service and support to the global oil and gas industry.
- Geological Expression is a data driven, interpreter guided approach for understanding and defining the 3D morphology of the geological elements imaged within the seismic data.
- GeoTeric bridges the gap between processing and 3D interpretation by directly translating geophysical data into geological information. With its patented data driven and user guided approach, interpreters explore for new reserves and evaluate reservoirs with greater confidence than ever before, while taking weeks out of their interpretation workflow.
- GeoTeric has powered more than 300 successful projects for over 100 E&P companies worldwide.
- ffA is an independent UK company with offices in Aberdeen, London, Houston, Newcastle Upon Tyne and Rio de Janeiro.
To download full press release click here