Example Driven Fault Imaging
Houston, SEG, 2013
ffA has today announced the release of another ground-breaking technique within its GeoTeric® suite; Fault Expression
Fault Expression represents a new (patent pending) example driven approach to workflow parameterisation so that your fault volumes can be optimised in seconds rather than hours.
Fault Expression is intuitive and flexible, working equally well for large regional faults and small intra-reservoir faults.
Dr Gaynor Paton, Director of Geosciences said, “This announcement marks the third release in the GeoTeric offering in 2013. The example driven interface at the heart of Fault Expression provides the interpreter with the ability to fine tune the data interactively to optimise the output. It incorporates an instant QC mechanism so that you can quickly assess how well the detected faults sit with the original data and adjust the parameters as required.”
She continued, “Since the launch of GeoTeric in early 2012, the global E&P community is seeing that the Geological Expression approach embedded in GeoTeric improves returns on expensively acquired seismic data. Fault Expression allows different parameter options to be compared without generating multiple volumes and saving them to disk. Regardless of what stage of the interpretation cycle the interpreter is involved in, GeoTeric’s Fault Expression will provide all the evidence you need to make the most informed example lead interpretation decisions”
Contact: Audrey Russell | Marketing Manager | +44(0)1224 825084 | ARussell@ffa-geosciences.com |
Note to Editors:
- ffA provides world-leading GeoTeric Geological Expression software and GeoTeric Services to the oil and gas industry.
- Geological Expression is a data driven, interpreter guided approach for understanding and defining the 3D morphology of the geological elements imaged within the seismic data.
- GeoTeric bridges the gap between processing and 3D interpretation by directly translating geophysical data into geological information. With its patented data driven and user guided approach, interpreters explore for new reserves and evaluate reservoirs with greater confidence than ever before, while taking weeks out of their interpretation workflow.
- GeoTeric has powered more than 300 successful projects for over 100 E&P companies worldwide.
- ffA is an independent UK company with offices in Aberdeen, London, Houston, Newcastle Upon Tyne and Rio de Janeiro.
To download full press release click here