GeoTeric 2015.3 Release
17 August 2015
The release today of GeoTeric 2015.3 marks another major step in the evolution of Cognitive Interpretation.
With the advancement of broadband seismic, there is a growing need for high resolution analysis techniques that are compatible with the complex waveforms of broadband data.
With the 2015.3 release, GeoTeric brings ground breaking high resolution frequency decomposition technologies suitable for both broadband & conventional data.
High Definition Frequency Decomposition (HDFD) utilises advanced frequency splitting techniques developed for the complex waveforms of broadband seismic. In line with the rest of the GeoTeric software it is an interactive, example driven tool – designed to work in symbiosis with your cognitive capabilities. This symbiosis encourages progressive thinking and an improved understanding of the geology, before interpreting.
The HDFD technique allows you to reveal at seismic resolution, the detail of the geological elements in your data leading to a more precise delineation and extraction of the stratigraphic features.
Dr Gaynor Paton, Director of Geosciences said, “This announcement marks another industry first with the continued development of the GeoTeric application. Extending the popular HDFD tool so that it is effective on the complex waveform of broadband data keeps GeoTeric up to date with the advances in seismic acquisition techniques. Additional enhancements to the Noise Expression and Fault Expression tools ensures that these example driven workflows continue to address the challenges faced by our users.”
For more information visit www.geoteric.com
Note to Editors:
1. GeoTeric provides world-leading Cognitive Interpretation software, Services and Support to the global oil and gas industry.
2. Cognitive Interpretation enables you to see the geology before you interpret using software that is designed to work symbiotically with your natural cognitive processes. Cognitive Interpretation enables a data driven, interpreter guided approach for understanding and defining the 3D morphology of the geological elements imaged within the seismic data.
3. GeoTeric bridges the gap between processing and 3D interpretation by directly translating geophysical data into geological information. With its patented data driven and user guided approach, interpreters explore for new reserves and evaluate reservoirs with greater confidence than ever before, while taking weeks out of their interpretation workflow.
4. GeoTeric has powered more than 300 successful projects for over 100 E&P companies worldwide
5. GeoTeric is a part of ffA- an independent UK company with offices in Aberdeen, London, Houston, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Rio de Janeiro, Kuala Lumpur and Perth.