GeoTeric makes your workflow easier as it releases the 2016 version of its software
15 April 2016
GeoTeric has announced the release of GeoTeric® 2016 incorporating faster performance, improved usability and new technology.
With the 2016 release, GeoTeric has introduced a completely new file format, specifically designed to address the issues of processing and visualisation of large post-stack seismic volumes. This has led to a 90% reduction in the time from starting the computation to seeing the results on screen for most processes. At the same time, the new file format removes the need for separate visualisation cache files reducing disk space requirements by up to 80%. Targeted algorithm optimisation work has resulted in faster preview generation and attribute optimisation for the example driven Geological Expression tools. The focus on performance optimisation is rooted in delivering the interactivity that is at the heart of the Cognitive Interpretation workflow.
Aligned with this is the Cognitive Navigation system that has been integrated into GeoTeric 2016. Cognitive Navigation is designed to remove the complexity caused by having hundreds of icons or difficult to navigate, layered menus. It achieves this through an “intelligent” context sensitive system that ensures the options that are available to progress to the next stage of the workflow are always easily accessible. This increased user flexibility in GeoTeric 2016 has been introduced at the direct request of users who are increasingly integrating GeoTeric into their E&P workflows.
GeoTeric 2016’s broadband seismic capabilities have also been extended. Most notably in the Spectral Expression tool, which now allows greater control over the spectral shaping process, including the ability to work with frequencies down to 1 Hz.
Dr Gaynor Paton, Director of Geosciences said, “GeoTeric has always offered innovative, new technologies, many of which are an industry first. The GeoTeric 2016 release provides a streamlined way of working with and integrating this great technology into the wider workflow. Cognitive Navigation allows users to seamlessly work their way through our Cognitive Interpretation workflows in a very intuitive environment, which, together with faster processing speeds, means that users will have more time for interpreting the geophysical and geological meaning of their data.”
For more information visit www.geoteric.com or contact GeoTeric's Marketing team
Note to Editors:
1. GeoTeric provides world-leading Cognitive Interpretation software, Services and Support to the global oil and gas industry.
2. Cognitive Interpretation enables you to see the geology before you interpret using software that is designed to work symbiotically with your natural cognitive processes. Cognitive Interpretation enables a data driven, interpreter guided approach for understanding and defining the 3D morphology of the geological elements imaged within the seismic data.
3. GeoTeric bridges the gap between processing and 3D interpretation by directly translating geophysical data into geological information. With its patented data driven and user guided approach, interpreters explore for new reserves and evaluate reservoirs with greater confidence than ever before, while taking weeks out of their interpretation workflow.
4. GeoTeric has powered more than 300 successful projects for over 100 E&P companies worldwide
5. GeoTeric is a part of ffA- an independent UK company with offices in London, Houston, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Rio de Janeiro, Kuala Lumpur and Perth.