There has been a significant growth in the use of broadband seismic acquisition in the industry’s attempt to better image the geology of the subsurface. This has created a pressing need for high resolution analysis techniques that are compatible with the complex waveforms of broadband data.
GeoTeric’s Broadband HDFD is the only tool in the industry suitable for High Definition frequency decomposition that is applicable to both broadband & conventional data. Broadband HDFD utilises patented, advanced frequency splitting techniques developed for the complex waveforms of broadband seismic data, and provides a high definition description of the geology which is otherwise not visible. It provides illuminating and informative results, leading to a more precise delineation and extraction of the geological features from the data.
In line with the rest of the GeoTeric software, Broadband HDFD is an interactive, example driven tool – designed to work in symbiosis with cognitive capabilities. This symbiosis encourages progressive thinking leading to an improved understanding of the geology and enhanced workflow efficiency.
Dr Gaynor Paton, Director of Geosciences said, “Broadband HDFD ensures that the Cognitive Interpretation workflows in GeoTeric continue to deliver the best results on the most advanced data sets. The new workflow allows users to get a greater insight into the subtleties of the geology in an easy and intuitive manner.”
For more information visit www.geoteric.com
Note to Editors:
1. GeoTeric provides world-leading Cognitive Interpretation software, Services and Support to the global oil and gas industry.
2. Cognitive Interpretation enables you to see the geology before you interpret using software that is designed to work symbiotically with your natural cognitive processes. Cognitive Interpretation enables a data driven, interpreter guided approach for understanding and defining the 3D morphology of the geological elements imaged within the seismic data.
3. GeoTeric bridges the gap between processing and 3D interpretation by directly translating geophysical data into geological information. With its patented data driven and user guided approach, interpreters explore for new reserves and evaluate reservoirs with greater confidence than ever before, while taking weeks out of their interpretation workflow.
4. GeoTeric has powered more than 300 successful projects for over 100 E&P companies worldwide
5. GeoTeric is a part of ffA- an independent UK company with offices in Aberdeen, London, Houston, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Rio de Janeiro, Kuala Lumpur and Perth.