Mr Jan Grimnes has joined the Board of ffA as a Non-Executive Director. As the founder and CEO of Technoguide AS, which developed *Petrel, the very successful reservoir software, Mr Grimnes brings extensive experience of the geoscience software industry to ffA at a very important time for the Company.
ffA is implementing an ambitious growth programme centred on addressing the needs of its global customer base and bringing a stream of exciting new technologies to the market through 2012 and beyond. Mr Grimnes will contribute significantly to development of ffA’s technology and commercialisation strategies.
Mr Grimnes stated, “I am very much looking forward to working with ffA. The Company has excellent technology which in my view is important to the E & P industry and a very dynamic future. I like working with innovative technologies and committed people and I am excited to be in a position to help ffA achieve its full potential.”
Mr Grimnes will join the Board with immediate effect and work closely with the Company as an advisor to the Management Team.
Jonathan Henderson, Managing Director of ffA, said, “Having Jan on Board and his willingness to commit his time to working with ffA is a strong endorsement of what we are achieving. Jan brings an additional dimension to ffA’s Board of Directors and his grasp of geoscience technology and the market in which we are operating will be of great benefit in helping us grow whilst maintaining our very strong customer centric ethos.”
Contact: Audrey Russell, Marketing Manager, ffA. T 01224 825084. E: ARussell@ffa-geosciences.com
Note to Editors:
- *Petrel is the registered trademark of Schlumberger Technology Corporation.
- ffA provides world-leading geological expression software and services to the oil and gas industry.
- Geological Expression is a data driven, interpreter guided approach for understanding and defining the 3D morphology of the geological elements imaged within the seismic data.
- ffA’s flagship application, GeoTeric™ bridges the gap between processing and 3D interpretation by directly translating geophysical data into geological information. With its patent pending data driven and user guided approach, interpreters explore for new reserves and evaluate reservoirs with greater confidence than ever before, while taking weeks out of their interpretation workflow.
- GeoTeric™ has powered 300 successful projects for more than 100 E&P companies worldwide.
- ffA is an independent UK company with offices in Aberdeen, London, Houston and Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- For images related to ffA Software and Technology visit http://ffa-geosciences.com/index.php/press-page.
To download full press release click here