- For z-slices or data mapped horizons use the "Export GeoImage" option in the Tools menu of the 2d slice viewer. For blends, use the 2d colour blend viewer.
- For attributes generated in the IsoProportional Slicing tool and displayed on horzions, the option to export is available as a right-click option in the project tree.
Before you save a GeoImage you must first select the format for the co-ordinates file that will be generated with the GeoImage. You have the option of a .csv file or an ArcGIS formatted file. Choose one format (or both) then click the save button. Choose a location and save the GeoImage (the formats available are BMP/TIFF/JPEG/PNM).
- Select the Import file > Bitmap image option from the file menu. Choose the GeoImage and select open, the GeoImage will be added to the Petrel project. You cannot view it yet as survey co-ordinates have not been set for the image.
- Right click on the GeoImage in the project tree and choose the settings option.
- Go to the Settings tab and tick the "Located in world" option.
- You can now manually enter the co-ordinates or you can highlight the survey in the Petrel project tree and click the Set from selected button to use the survey values.
- Remember to manually adjust the Z value (Petrel assumes that the default Z value is at the bottom of the survey) then click the Apply button and you will be able to visualise the GeoImage in Petrel.